Open Faced English Muffin Pizza Sloppy Joes – sloppy joes made with ground beef, mini pepperoni, and pizza sauce! Spooned onto toasted English muffins and topped with mozzarella and more pepperoni. Easy 30 minute dinner the whole family will love!
My kids are obsessed with sloppy joes. All kids are obsessed with sloppy joes, right?
Mine love them however they can get them.
These English Muffin Pizza Sloppy Joes are the current favorite. We serve them open faced so they look like pizzas and my kids just go crazy for them.
They’re also super easy, a great way to use up that pack of English muffins that is about to go bad, and ready in less than 30 minutes!
- English muffins
- Ground beef – I used 90/10 but if you prefer something else, go for it.
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes – optional but it really makes it taste like pizza!
- Pizza sauce
- Mini pepperoni – if you can’t find mini pepperoni, you can cut up the regular size pepperoni
- Mozzarella cheese
- Split English muffins and toast all halves; place on baking sheet
- Cook onion and ground beef until onion is soft and ground beef is cooked through
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes
- Stir in pizza sauce and most of the mini pepperoni
- Cook mixture until the sauce is slightly thickened
- Divide mixture among toasted English muffins
- Top with mozzarella cheese and the remaining mini pepperoni
- Broil for 1 – 2 minutes, until cheese is melted and just starting to brown
Can You Freeze English Muffin Pizzas?
Yes! These are perfect for the freezer!
After you top them with cheese and pepperoni (so before putting them in the oven), place them on a baking sheet with an inch or 2 between each English muffin. Freeze them just like that until they are frozen solid, probably a couple hours.
Once they are frozen, you can move them to a freezer ziploc bag or other freezer-safe container.
They will be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To bake them, you can put them straight from freezer to oven. Preheat the oven to 400F and let them bake for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them because they may need a minute more or less.
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes
- Asian Beef Noodles
- Crockpot Ravioli
- Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi
- Walking Tacos
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 English muffins
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mini pepperoni slices, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Split English muffins in half and toast all halves. Place toasted English muffins on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler. Heat broiler to high.
- Heat olive oil n a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and ground beef; cook, breaking up the beef, until the onion has softened and ground beef is cooked through. Drain and return to pan.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to the beef mixture; stir until well combined.
- Add pizza sauce and about ¾ cup of the mini pepperoni; cook until sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Divide the beef mixture among the toasted English muffins. Top with cheese and remaining mini pepperoni.
- Broil until cheese is melted and starting to brown, just 1 - 2 minutes. Watch carefully because the English muffins will burn quickly!
- Serve hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 956mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g