Make everyone’s favorite shrimp dish at home! Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi is ready in just 30 minutes with only a few simple ingredients. Sauteed shrimp in a garlic lemon sauce – serve it with pasta, rice, or bread.
This quick and easy copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi is going to become a staple in your dinner routine!
I love using shrimp for fast dinners because they cook in literally minutes. For this scampi recipe, the shrimp is seasoned and then quickly sauteed. Then, in the same skillet, you make an easy sauce with white wine, lemon juice, and garlic.
Then you serve it all together over pasta or rice or however you want to enjoy it! We love to serve it with French bread to dip in the extra sauce.
- Extra large shrimp – you can use fresh or frozen shrimp, but frozen shrimp tends to be less expensive. Make sure it’s completely defrosted before cooking.
- Salt and pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Olive oil
- White wine – use your favorite white wine for this recipe. I like to use a dry white wine. If you don’t want to use wine, you can use chicken broth instead.
- Lemon – you can going to use the juice from the lemon.
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh parsley – the parsley adds a nice green brightness to the dish.
- Parmesan – fresh grated Parmesan for serving.
How To Make Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
- Season shrimp. Toss shrimp with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning.
- Cook shrimp. Cook shrimp in olive oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Set aside the cooked shrimp on a plate.
- Make sauce. Add the minced garlic to the skillet, and cook for 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with white wine and lemon juice. Scraping up the bits in the pan with a wooden or silicone spoon. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finish sauce. Stir in the butter and 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning until melted into the sauce.
- Add shrimp. Add the shrimp back to the skillet and stir.
- Serve. Sprinkle with parsley and grated Parmesan before serving.
You can use frozen shrimp for this shrimp scampi but make sure you defrost it fully before cooking.
To defrost the night before, place in the refrigerator overnight and they should be thawed the next day.
To defrost the day of, place frozen shrimp in a large bowl of cold water. Stir to separate the shrimp. They should be defrosted in 15 – 30 minutes.
You can serve shrimp scampi over pasta, rice, or use bread to dip into the sauce. It also goes great with a green vegetable or a nice salad.
This shrimp is good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh for as long as possible.
More Shrimp Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped for serving
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Season both sides of the shrimp with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, turning them once with tongs. Set aside the cooked shrimp on a plate.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet, and cook for 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and lemon juice. Scraping up the bits in the pan with a wooden or silicone spoon.
- Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning until melted into the sauce.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet and stir. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 301mgSodium: 1570mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 27g