Blackened Shrimp Alfredo is a classic shrimp alfredo with a spicy kick! Quick, easy, and on the table in about 30 minutes.
I love using shrimp when I need to make a fast and delicious dinner. Shrimp cooks in literally 5 minutes so it’s the perfect protein for a quick, weeknight dinner.
And pairing it with pasta means that everyone in my house is going to love it! This Blackened Shrimp Alfredo is creamy, spicy, cheesy, everything you want out of a good alfredo dish.
Plus, because you’re really just spicing up jarred alfredo sauce, it’s super easy and quick. You can definitely get dinner done in 30 minutes with this one!
Ingredients for Blackened Shrimp Alfredo
- Fettuccini – you can use any long pasta if you don’t have fettuccine
- Blackened seasoning – use your favorite brand and you can add more or less depending on how spicy you want it.
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined – tail on or off, your preference!
- Olive oil
- Alfredo sauce – use your favorite jarred or homemade recipe.
- Parmesan cheese
Instructions for Blackened Shrimp Alfredo
- Cook pasta. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Prepare shrimp. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels; toss with 1 teaspoon blackened seasoning
- Cook garlic. Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, only 30 seconds or so.
- Cook shrimp. Add seasoned shrimp and cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through, 4 – 5 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir in alfredo sauce and another 1 – 2 teaspoon blackened seasoning.
- Combine everything. Stir in pasta
- Serve. Serve with Parmesan and fresh parsley.
What To Serve With It
I like to do a simple salad on the side of this dish. The crispness of veggies is really nice with the spicy blackened seasoning.
A nice crusty bread would also be delicious, to soak up any sauce that might be left on your plate!
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Stuffed Shells
- Asian Beef Noodles
- Four Cheese Spaghetti
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Spicy Shrimp Pasta
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound fettuccine noodles
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 - 3 teaspoon blackened seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook fettuccine noodles according to package instructions. Before draining, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon blackened powder and toss to coat.
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, just 30 seconds or so. Add seasoned shrimp and cook until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in alfredo sauce, 1 - 2 teaspoon blackened seasoning (depending on spice preference), and pasta; toss to combine.
- If the sauce is too thick, slowly add in reserved pasta water until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley before serving, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 2386mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g