Cheese-filled tortellini, chicken, and broccoli in a creamy, Parmesan cheese sauce. Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Tortellini is an easy 20 minute dinner the whole family will love!
Love quick and easy pasta dishes? Try Baked Feta Pasta!
Tortellini is one of my favorite ways to get dinner on the table fast. It cooks in about 5 minutes and who doesn’t love pasta filled with cheese?!
This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Tortellini is all cooked in one pot and is ready in about 20 minutes (as long as you already have chicken cooked – I recommend a rotisserie chicken!)
It’s cheese tortellini, chicken, and broccoli in a sauce made from cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Your whole family is going to love this recipe!
- Olive oil – you can use whatever cooking oil you prefer.
- Low-sodium chicken broth – if you use regular chicken broth, make sure to taste the finished dish before adding salt.
- Cheese tortellini – you can use fresh or frozen tortellini in this recipe.
- Fresh broccoli
- Cream cheese – this makes for the creamiest sauce!
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooked chicken – you can cook your own chicken or pick up a rotisserie chicken to make dinner really easy!
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook garlic. Cook garlic in olive oil for 30 seconds.
- Add liquid. Add chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil.
- Cook tortellini. Add tortellini and cook 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli. Add broccoli and continue to cook for about 3 minutes or so, stirring as needed, until tortellini is cooked and broccoli is bright green.
- Add cheese. Lower heat and stir in cream cheese and Parmesan, until melted.
- Add chicken. Stir in cooked chicken.
- Season and serve. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with extra Parmesan on top.
How Long Is It Good For?
This chicken tortellini will be good for up to 3 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
You can reheat it in the microwave or on the stove. If the sauce has thickened too much, you can add milk or chicken broth to loosen it up again.
Tips & Tricks
- I used fresh tortellini for this recipe so if you use frozen tortellini, you may need to add an extra minute or 2 to the cooking time. Just check the package instructions to be sure.
- You can also use frozen broccoli but may need to add a couple minutes to that as well.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
- Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- Spicy Shrimp Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo
- One Pot Creamy Shells and Sausage
- Chili Mac Casserole
- Sour Cream Noodle Bake
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- salt and black pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and cook 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue to cook for about 3 minutes or so, stirring as needed, until tortellini is cooked and broccoli is bright green.
- Lower heat and stir in cream cheese and Parmesan, until melted.
- Stir in cooked chicken.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with extra Parmesan on top.
If using frozen tortellini, they make take an extra minute or 2. Just check the instructions on the package.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g