One Pot Chicken Alfredo is an easy 1 pot dinner the whole family will love. Pasta, chicken, and peas tossed in a creamy Parmesan sauce, cooked in just 25 minutes!
My kids love all things alfredo and one of our other favorites is Blackened Shrimp Alfredo.
One pot meals are my favorite way to get dinner on the table quickly on those nights when we have a lot going on. They are always really easy AND there’s only one pot to clean! And less cleaning at night is always my goal.
This One Pot Chicken Alfredo is so flavorful and delicious. The sauce is creamy and cheesy and it gets tossed with pasta, chicken, and peas. My entire family loves this pasta.
It’s all done in one pot and ready in about 25 minutes!
- Low-sodium chicken broth
- Small pasta – I recommend penne but rotini, ziti, elbows, shells, etc will all work
- Salt and pepper
- Heavy whipping cream – do not try to substitute milk for this! The heavy cream is what makes it so creamy and delicious
- Parmesan cheese
- Cooked chicken – I use a rotisserie chicken to make my life easy
- Frozen peas – you can substitute broccoli but I would cook the broccoli separately, like one of those steam in the microwave frozen broccoli bags and then stir it in right at the end
- Cook garlic. In a heavy bottomed skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Cook pasta. Add chicken broth, pasta, salt, and pepper; stir to make sure the pasta is covered. Let simmer about 8 – 10 minutes until pasta is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir in whipping cream, Parmesan, chicken, and frozen peas. Raise heat to medium-high and let bubble until thickened, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Serve! Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Tips & Tricks
- I always buy a rotisserie chicken when I’m at the store and then I shred it and store it in the fridge for dinners all week long
- For the creamiest sauce, don’t use the already shredded Parmesan – buy the block and shred it yourself
- If your sauce thickens too much while simmering, stir in a little bit of the water the pasta cooked in
How Long Is It Good For?
One Pot Chicken Alfredo is good for about 3 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it good for as long as possible – these glass airtight containers are my favorite for leftovers.
It will likely thicken in the fridge as it sits, so I recommend reheating it on the stove and adding a splash or 2 of chicken broth to get it back to it’s original saucy consistency.
Can You Freeze It?
When you are ready to serve it, let it defrost in the fridge overnight. I recommend reheating on the stove because you will probably need to add more chicken broth and stir it frequently to get it back to it’s original consistency.
More Pasta Recipes
- One Pot Creamy Shells and Sausage
- Chili Mac Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Stuffed Shells
- One Pot Cheeseburger Mac
- Crockpot Ravioli
- Baked Feta Pasta
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounce small pasta
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, pasta, salt, and pepper; stir to make sure the pasta is covered.
- Let simmer about 8 - 10 minutes until pasta is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed. This will depend on the shape of pasta you use - the penne I used took about 8 minutes
- Stir in whipping cream, Parmesan, chicken, and frozen peas.
- Raise heat to medium-high and let bubble until thickened, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 501Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g