Baked Feta Pasta went viral on Tiktok for a reason! Tomatoes and feta roasted in the oven to create a creamy sauce that perfectly coats the pasta. It’s so easy and ready in about 35 minutes!
I love a quick pasta dinner! One of our other favorites is One Pot Creamy Shells and Sausage.
What Is Baked Feta Pasta
Baked feta pasta is a recipe that went viral on Tiktok in early 2021. So viral that when you say “Tiktok pasta” every one already knows which pasta you’re talking about.
It became popular because of how easy it is – just throw everything in a baking dish, roast for 30 minutes, and top with cooked pasta!
Plus, that creamy feta tomato sauce looks absolutely scrumptious in all the videos.
There was a time in early 2021 when you couldn’t even find the blocks of feta because literally everyone was making the recipe. I made it for months with crumbled feta before I was finally able to get my hands on a block.
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s ready in just 35 minutes!
- There’s very little cleanup involved. You are just using 1 baking dish and 1 pot to boil the pasta. That’s it! You don’t even need to dirty a cutting board.
- The simple combination of the tomatoes, feta, and olive oil create a creamy sauce that coats the pasta perfectly.
- If all of Titkok loved it, don’t you think you will too?!
- Cherry tomatoes – you can also use grape tomatoes or another small variety of tomatoes. You want to make sure they are thoroughly dried adding them to the baking dish so your sauce doesn’t end up watery.
- Olive oil
- Feta cheese – a block of feta works best for this recipe but if you can’t find it, the crumbled kind will work, too.
- Dried oregano – you can also use Italian seasoning if you don’t have just dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper flakes – leave out or use less if you don’t like heat in your pasta.
- Salt and pepper
- Short pasta – I used rigatoni for this recipe but you can use penne, farfalle, or any short pasta type
- Fresh basil – Use as much fresh basil as you want. I love a ton of basil but I know not everyone loves fresh herbs as much as I do.
How To Make The Tiktok Feta Pasta Recipe
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with oil.
- Assemble. Place feta in the middle of the baking dish and spread tomatoes around the outside. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes. Sprinkle oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper on top of everything.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta. While tomatoes are roasting, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine everything. Once pasta is cooked and tomatoes are roasted, add pasta to the tomato baking dish and combine everything. The tomatoes will burst and make a sauce with the cheese.
- Serve. Add fresh basil and serve!
How Long Is It Good For?
This pasta with feta will be good for about 3 days before the tomatoes become watery and makes the sauce thin.
Yes, you can use crumbled feta for this recipe but try to pile it all in the center of the baking dish.
I don’t recommend freezing this recipe because you risk the tomatoes being a watery mess when you defrost it. It’s a small-ish recipe though so you should be able to eat it before it goes bad.
I recommend reheating this pasta on the stovetop over low heat. If the sauce has thickened too much, you can add a splash of milk or cream to get it back to it’s saucy consistency.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, washed and thoroughly dried
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 block (about 7 ounces) feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces short pasta (like rigatoni)
- fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with oil.
- Place feta in the middle of the baking dish and spread tomatoes around the outside. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes. Sprinkle oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper on top of everything.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While tomatoes are roasting, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Once pasta is cooked and tomatoes are roasted, add pasta to the tomato baking dish and combine everything. The tomatoes will burst and make a sauce with the cheese.
- Add as much fresh basil as you like!
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g