Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Stuffed Shells – pasta shells filled with chicken, broccoli, cheese, and alfredo sauce! A kid favorite and so easy!
I call it a win any time I can get my kids to all agree on one veggie filled dish. Even if the dishes have to be covered in alfredo and stuffed into huge pasta shells!
We love these Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Stuffed Shells in my house.
My kids love them because they’re delicious and I love them because they’re as easy as stirring together a few ingredients and spooning them into the pasta. Then you just bake until the filling is bubbly!
If you’re looking for another veggie filled kid-friendly dinner idea, my Asian Beef Noodles are another favorite!
Ingredients for Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Stuffed Shells
- Jumbo pasta shells
- Jarred alfredo sauce
- Cooked chicken – use a rotisserie chicken to make your life even easier!
- Frozen broccoli, thawed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta shells according to package instructions; drain and set aside
- Stir together alfredo sauce, chicken, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese
- Fill cooked shells with the chicken mixture and place in baking dish
- Bake for 20 minutes, until filling is bubbly
Can You Make Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Stuffed Shells Ahead?
Yes! If you need to make these Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Stuffed Shells the night before, prepare them up until the part where you bake them. Cover them tightly with foil (or a lid to whatever pan you’re using) and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
They may need a few extra minutes since they’ll be cold so just check for the filling to be bubbly and the cheese to be melted.
Can You Freeze Stuffed Shells?
Yes, you can freeze stuffed shells. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze for a couple hours, until they’re frozen. From there, you can put them in a freezer ziploc bag or other freezer safe container.
These stuffed shells will be good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To cook from frozen, place them in a baking dish and bake according to the recipe, adding 10 minutes or so. Just watch for the filling to bubble so you know everything is heated through.
- 24 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (15 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with oil.
- Cook shells according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.
- Divide filling among the cooked pasta shells and place in prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 686Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 33g