Crispy tater tots layered with seasoned ground beef, melted cheese, and lots of toppings! Ground Beef Totchos are an easy and delicious dinner the whole family will love.
Ground beef totchos are one of my family’s favorite fun dinners.
Who doesn’t love crispy tater tots topped with seasoned ground beef, melted cheese, and delicious toppings?!
What I love about these totchos is that you can cook the meat and chop up your toppings in the time it takes for the tater tots to bake so it’s a surprisingly quick dinner option.
Keep scrolling for ingredient amounts!
- Tater tots
- Olive oil
- Ground beef – you can use ground turkey or chicken if you want to make it a little lighter
- Taco seasoning
- Cheddar cheese – I used a colby jack in these photos but I’ve used cheddar and Mexican blend cheese as well
- Shredded lettuce
- Pickled jalapenos – totally optional. Leave them off if you don’t like spicy
How To Make Totchos
- Bake tater tots. Bake tater tots at 425F for 28 – 30 minutes.
- Cook meat. Cook ground beef until no pink remains. Add taco seasoning and ¼ cup water to the skillet and let simmer.
- Assemble. Once tater tots are baked, top with ground beef and shredded cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes.
- Top and serve! Remove from oven and add toppings. Serve immediately.
How Long Is It Good For?
Totchos are good for up to 3 days in the fridge. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Tips and Tricks
- Toppings. These are just the toppings my family likes but you can change it up! Try black olives, diced onion, taco sauce, queso, anything you like!
- Reheating. These are best the day they are made so the tots are still crispy but if you have leftovers, try reheating them in the oven so that the tots can crisp up a bit.
- Prep ahead. You can cook and refrigerate the meat the night before if you need to. You can also freeze the meat in a freezer ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 (32 ounce) bag tater tots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa, for serving
- shredded lettuce, for serving
- pickled jalapenos, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place tater tots in a single layer. Bake 28 - 30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- While tater tots are baking, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up the beef, until no pink remains.
- Add taco seasoning and ¼ cup water to the skillet and let simmer, stirring, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Once tater tots are baked, top with ground beef and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return baking sheet to oven and back another 5 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and add toppings. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 30g