Air Fryer Chicken Tenders turn out so crispy and juicy. They are coated in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and air fried until golden and delicious.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
My kids love chicken tenders but I very rarely make them because frying is messy and takes forever and I just don’t like doing it.
This recipe makes homemade chicken tenders so easy! These chicken is coated in a Parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumb mixture and they turn out just as crispy and juicy as their fried counterpart.
Why This Recipe Works
- Who doesn’t want healthy chicken tenders recipes?! These turn out so crispy without deep frying them and they are super juicy!
- These tenders take just 12 minutes to cook which makes these perfect for a weeknight.
- They are seasoned with paprika and have Parmesan cheese in their breading so they are super flavorful and delicious.
Scroll down for ingredient amounts.
- Chicken tenders – if you want to use chicken breasts instead, pound them until they are even thickness and slice into tender-sized strips
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Smoked paprika – I love the flavor smoked paprika adds but you can use regular paprika if you don’t have the smoked kind
- Panko breadcrumbs – the mixture of panko breadcrumbs and regular breadcrumbs give these tenders the most perfect crunch!
- Parmesan cheese – you can use shredded or grated Parmesan cheese. I used shredded for this recipe.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Season chicken. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper, and smoked paprika. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Add egg. Pour whisked egg over chicken and toss to coat until the chicken is coated.
- Make breading. Stir together panko breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Coat chicken. Dredge each chicken tender in breadcrumb mixture, making sure the tender is fully coated.
- Air fry. Transfer to air fryer, being careful not to overcrowd them. Air fry at 375 degrees F until golden brown and crispy, about 10-12 minutes.
What Temperature Do You Cook Chicken in the Air Fryer?
For this recipe, you are going to have your air fryer at 375F.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer?
These tenders cook in just 10 – 12 minutes in the air fryer.
How To Store Chicken Tenders
- Chicken tenders will be fine in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
- Reheating. I recommend reheating these in the air fryer or oven to get them nice and crispy again. Reheating in the microwave will cause the breading to be soggy.
- Freezing. These chicken tenders can be frozen for up to 3 months.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Tortellini
- Black Pepper Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Cool Ranch Chicken
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Dry tenders with a paper towel. Spray air fryer basket or use air fryer safe parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper, and smoked paprika. Add chicken and toss to coat. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together panko breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk egg. Pour the egg over the tenders and toss to coat.
- Dredge each chicken tender in breadcrumb mixture, making sure the tender is fully coated. Transfer to air fryer, being careful not to overcrowd them.
- Air fry at 375 degrees F until golden brown and crispy, about 10-12 minutes.
- Tenders will be fine in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer or oven to get them crispy again.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.