Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup – easy vegetarian soup cooked in the crockpot. It starts with frozen hash browns and frozen broccoli so there’s almost no prep involved! A kid favorite during fall and winter!
Slow cooker soup recipes are just the best during fall and winter. There’s nothing better than knowing you’re coming home to a hot bowl of soup after a chilly day.
This vegetarian Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup takes only about 15 minutes of prep in the morning (if that!) and is always a hit in my house.
Plus, I love that it calls for frozen hash browns and frozen broccoli so it’s really easy to have all the ingredients on hand at all times.
I usually make it with some homemade bread, like these Honey Yeast Rolls to soak up the last little bits of soup.
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup
- Frozen O’Brien hash brown potatoes – the cubed hash browns with peppers and onions. If you don’t love peppers and onions in your soup, just use the regular frozen cubed hash browns
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic – substiture about ½ tsp of garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic
- Vegetable broth – you can use chicken broth if you aren’t trying to keep this vegetarian
- Frozen broccoli florets
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Put hash browns in slow cooker
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, flour, salt and pepper, and garlic; add vegetable broth
- Pour sauce over the hash browns
- Cook on high 4 – 6 hours
- Stir in broccoli and cheddar cheese; cook another 20 minutes
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve with more cheese and sliced green onions on top
More Soup Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pork and Butternut Squash Stew
- Instant Pot Corn Chowder
- Shrimp Curry Noodle Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato and Cauliflower Soup
- Black Bean Soup
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Apple Kielbasa Bites
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Street Tacos
- Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken
Follow me on Pinterest for even more!
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen O'Brien hash browns
- 2 cups sour cream
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- green onions, sliced, for serving
- Put frozen hash browns in slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, flour, garlic, and salt and pepper. Whisk in vegetable broth.
- Pour mixture over hash browns.
- Let cook on high for 4 - 6 hours. Add broccoli and 3 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Cook on high for 20 minutes until broccoli is cooked through and cheese is melted. Stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with more shredded cheddar and green onions on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 730mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g