Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup – easy soup cooked in the crockpot. It starts with frozen hash browns and frozen broccoli so there’s almost no prep involved! A kid favorite during fall and winter!
Slow cooker soup recipes are just the best during fall and winter. There’s nothing better than knowing you’re coming home to a hot bowl of soup after a chilly day.
This vegetarian Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup takes only about 15 minutes of prep in the morning (if that!) and is always a hit in my house.
Plus, I love that it calls for frozen hash browns and frozen broccoli so it’s really easy to have all the ingredients on hand at all times.
I usually make it with some homemade bread, like these Honey Yeast Rolls to soak up the last little bits of soup.
Ingredients in Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup
Keep scrolling for ingredient amounts!
- Frozen O’Brien hash brown potatoes – the cubed hash browns with peppers and onions. If you don’t love peppers and onions in your soup, just use the regular frozen cubed hash browns
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic – substitute about ½ teaspoon of garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic
- Vegetable broth – you can use chicken broth if you aren’t trying to keep this vegetarian
- Frozen broccoli florets
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Put hash browns in slow cooker
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, flour, salt and pepper, and garlic; add vegetable broth
- Pour sauce over the hash browns
- Cook on high 4 – 6 hours
- Stir in broccoli and cheddar cheese; cook another 20 minutes
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve with more cheese and sliced green onions on top
More Soup Recipes
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for even more!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen O'Brien hash browns
- 2 cups sour cream
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- green onions, sliced, for serving
- Put frozen hash browns in slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, flour, garlic, and salt and pepper. Whisk in vegetable broth.
- Pour mixture over hash browns.
- Let cook on high for 4 - 6 hours. Add broccoli and 3 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Cook on high for 20 minutes until broccoli is cooked through and cheese is melted. Stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with more shredded cheddar and green onions on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 730mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
This looks like the perfect use of my slow cooker. I cannot wait to make this!
This is absolutely perfect for the upcoming cool weather. I love all that cheesy goodness. Yum!
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
This Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup looks perfect! I need to add this to our menu soon!
katerina @ diethood.com says
Such a warm and hearty soup! Perfect for this time of year!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes says
I would love a BIG bowl of this amazing soup!! LOVE the flavors!
This is really comforting! Everyone loved it!
Can’t wait to give this a try!