Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs are going to change the way you make hot dogs forever! Hot dogs are stuffed with string cheese and wrapped in bacon before getting air fried to perfection. Even the bun gets toasted in the air fryer! And it’s all ready in about 15 minutes!
Figuring out that I could make hot dogs in the air fryer was truly life-changing. I’m not great with the grill but I especially don’t want to fuss with it after a long day of school, work, soccer practice, etc.
Plus, I live in Texas and it’s already almost 100 degrees during the day and it’s only May. Sometimes I just don’t have it in me to cook in the heat.
These air fried hot dogs with bacon are so easy! I will be making them all summer long for lunches, dinners, parties, everything!
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipes
- Air fryer hot dogs with bacon and cheese are going to take about 15 minutes from start to finish! They’re great for a weeknight dinner or entertaining.
- Bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed hot dogs with no mess in your grill! No bacon grease or melted cheese dripping down into your grill. Clean up is super easy!
- Who doesn’t love bacon, cheese and hot dogs?!
Scroll down for ingredient amounts.
- Hot dogs – I recommend a thicker hot dog because you will be slicing it open to stuff cheese in it.
- String cheese – mozzarella melts the best but you can use whatever string cheese you already have in your fridge.
- Bacon – make sure your bacon slices are long enough to go around the hot dogs several times.
- Hot dog buns – you’re going to toast these in the air fryer! Who knew, right?!
How To Make Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
- Cut hot dogs. Using a small knife make a long in the middle of each hot dog, being careful not to go all the way through.
- Add cheese. Insert one string cheese into each hot dog.
- Wrap in bacon. Wrap each hot dog with 1 slice of bacon. Try to get the ends of the bacon slices on the same side of the hot dog.
- Air fry. Place the hot dogs, with the ends of the bacon slices down, into the air fryer. Air fry at 375F for 8 minutes. Do this in batches if your air fryer can’t hold all 6. Remove to a plate.
- Add buns. Put each cooked hot dog in a bun and place back in the air fryer. Air fry at 400F for 2 minutes. Serve hot with your choice of toppings!
If you aren’t into cheese, just leave it out. Wrap the hot dogs with bacon and air fry according to the instructions.
Bacon wrapped hot dogs are good for up to 3 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you do plan on storing leftovers, I wouldn’t recommend storing the toasted buns with the hot dogs. Wait to toast the buns until you are ready to serve them. I recommend reheating in the air fryer to get the bacon crispy again.
I use this Cosori Air Fryer.
What To Serve with Hot Dogs
- Fritos Corn Salad
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Southwest Orzo Salad
- Baked Potato Salad
- Classic Cole Slaw
- Pineapple Baked Beans
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Salmon
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 mozzarella string cheeses
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 hot dog buns
- toppings of choice, like mustard and ketchup
- Using a small knife make a long in the middle of each hot dog, being careful not to go all the way through.
- Insert one string cheese into each hot dog.
- Wrap each hot dog with 1 slice of bacon. Try to get the ends of the bacon slices on the same side of the hot dog.
- Place the hot dogs, with the ends of the bacon slices down, into the air fryer.
- Air fry at 375F for 8 minutes. Do this in batches if your air fryer can't hold all 6. Remove to a plate.
- Put each cooked hot dog in a bun and place back in the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400F for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with your choice of toppings!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 1105mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 22g