You have to add Air Fryer Meatloaf to your weekly meal rotation! It’s moist, full of flavor, and so delicious. Plus, the air fryer cuts down the cook time to 25 minutes – it’s the perfect weeknight dinner recipe!
I’m still fairly new to my air fryer. For the longest time we were just using it to make french fries or other frozen snack foods.
But I did that thing where you go to Costco for dryer sheets and come home with a ton of ground beef. And now I’m on the hunt for ground beef air fryer recipes.
Meatloaf is always a favorite in my house and I love how easy and quick it is in the air fryer. In less than 35 minutes, you can have meatloaf cooked, glazed, and ready to serve.
Why You’re Going to Love This Recipe
- This air fryer meatloaf recipe cooks in only 25 minutes! My normal (oven baked) meatloaf takes between 45 minutes and a hour so the air fryer makes a huge difference in time.
- It’s so flavorful! The recipe calls garlic powder, dried onion, green onions, and paprika so there’s lots of flavor going into this meatloaf. Plus, that delicious glaze!
- This meatloaf recipe has a secret ingredient that keeps it super moist!
- Clean up is a breeze! Just toss the parchment paper in the trash and give the air fryer basket a quick wash. No scrubbing pans anymore!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Ground beef – I used 90/10 ground beef for my meatloaf. The leanest I recommend is 93/7 – after that you risk it being dry.
- Salt and black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Paprika – I use smoked paprika in all recipes that call for paprika but you can use smoked or regular
- Dried minced onion
- Green onions
- Breadcrumbs – just regular ol’ breadcrumbs, not the panko kind.
- Prepared horseradish – this doesn’t add any spiciness to the meatloaf, mostly moisture. If you don’t want to buy a jar of horseradish just for this recipe, use the same amount of milk instead.
- Apple cider vinegar – this is going into the delicious glaze!
- Ketchup – also for the glaze!
- Brown sugar – going in the glaze, too!
How To Make Meatloaf in the Air Fryer
- Make meat mixture. Mix the ground beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, minced onion, dried green onion, and breadcrumbs. Don’t overmix!
- Form the meatloaf. Form the mixture into a loaf.
- Transfer to air fryer. Place the meatloaf on top of parchment paper in the air fryer basket.. Place basket into air fryer.
- Cook. Set timer and cook at 350 for about 15 minutes.
- Make glaze. Mix the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, and light brown sugar.
- Glaze the meatloaf. When the timer goes off baste or spoon your glaze over top of the meatloaf.
- Continue cooking. Return to air fryer and set timer for an additional 10 minutes. Check the inner temperature with a meat thermometer. It’s done when it temps to 160 degrees.
- Rest and slice. Allow to rest for ten minutes before slicing.
How Long Is It Good For?
Meatloaf is fine in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container.
You can reheat it in the microwave, oven or air fryer. If you have extra glaze, add it before reheating.
Can You Freeze It?
You can freeze the cooked meatloaf for up to 3 months. Let it cool completely and then wrap it in plastic wrap. Transfer it to an airtight container, like a freezer ziploc bag, and it should stay just as tasty.
Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before you plan to serve it. Reheat it in the oven or air fryer.
What To Serve with Meatloaf?
I think mashed potatoes is the side dish that you absolutely have to make with meatloaf.
Substitute the horseradish with an equal amount of milk so that it keeps that moisture. (But I promise you will hardly even notice the horseradish if you use it!)
You can prepare the loaf and the glaze the night before if you need to! After you shape the loaf, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When you are ready to cook it, just keep going with the instructions.
Store the glaze in a separate airtight container in the fridge.
More Ground Beef Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
For the meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the ground beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, minced onion, dried green onion, and breadcrumbs. You want to make sure to thoroughly mix all of those ingredients but, don’t overdue it.
- Form the mixture into a loaf. Line the air fryer basket with a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the meatloaf on top of the parchment paper. Place basket into air fryer.
- Set timer and cook on air fry for about 15 minutes.
- Now is a good time to make the glaze. In a small bowl mix the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, and light brown sugar.
- When the timer goes off baste or spoon your glaze over top of the meatloaf.
Return to air fryer and set timer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Check the inner temperature with a meat thermometer. It’s done when it temps to 160 degrees.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 898mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 45g