Air Fryer Parmesan Potatoes are going to be your new favorite side dish. With just a few simple ingredients and your trusty air fryer, you can have perfectly golden potatoes with a crispy, cheesy crust in no time. Plus, since they’re made in the air fryer, they’re healthier than traditional fried potatoes.
I’m the kind of person that can make potatoes a full meal. Give me a plate of potatoes with something to dip them in/toppings and I’m happy.
Last weekend I air fried a bunch of baked potatoes and that’s all my 11 year old and I ate all weekend.
Of course these Parmesan potatoes are meant to be a side dish but if you have just them for dinner, I will support you in that decision.
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- Is there anything better than buttery, cheesy, crispy potatoes?! If there is, I haven’t experienced it.
- The air fryer gets the potatoes so crispy in only 20 minutes! The oven would take at least twice that long!
- Crispy potatoes without the mess of frying!
- They are so much healthier than deep fried potatoes!
- Potatoes – this recipe calls for baby potatoes cut in half but if you have larger potatoes, just cut them into smaller chunks. I like to use yellow or red potatoes but use what you have!
- Butter – this is going to give your potatoes the most delicious buttery flavor!
- Oil – you can use vegetable or olive oil. This oil is going to make sure your potatoes turn out nice and crispy.
- Italian seasoning – this seasoning blend has all the herbs that go well with Parmesan. If you don’t have it, you add the individual herbs: sage, rosemary, basil, thyme, and marjoram.
- Garlic powder – of course you have to have garlic!
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes – this adds a nice amount of heat that works well with the butter and Parmesan. If you don’t want heat at all, go ahead and leave it out.
- Parmesan – use grated Parmesan for this recipe, the kind in the green can works just fine!
How To Make Parmesan Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Prepare. Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Prep potatoes. Wash and dry the potatoes, cut the potatoes in half , and set aside.
- Make sauce. Stir together melted butter, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and Parmesan.
- Combine. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Air fry. Arrange the potatoes in air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes then toss and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve. Sprinkle more Parmesan on top before serving.
How Long Are They Good For?
These will be good for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Store them in an airtight container.
When you are ready to reheat, you can do it in the air fryer to crisp them up again or even in the microwave if you aren’t worried about getting them crispy.
- You can place the oil with truffle oil to make truffle Parmesan potatoes!
- Try different seasonings! Try paprika, cumin, Cajun seasoning, any of the seasoning blends from Trader Joe’s. The options are endless!
Are Air Fryer Potatoes Healthy?
Air fryer potatoes can be a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried potatoes, as they are cooked using hot air rather than oil. This means that they are lower in fat and calories compared to deep-fried potatoes.
This particular recipe uses a couple tablespoons of butter and some Parmesan cheese so it’s not necessarily low calorie. But still better than going out for deep fried potatoes!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup grated parmesan + extra to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the potatoes, cut the potatoes in half , and set aside.(or quarters if they are large).
- In a large bowl mix together melted butter, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and Parmesan.
- Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Line the basket with parchment paper and arrange the potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes then toss and cook for another 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle more Parmesan on top before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 730mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g