Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Kabobs are the perfect way to get grilled chicken without having to turn on the grill! The bacon keeps all the moisture in the chicken so it’s juicy and so flavorful.
Did you know you can make grilled chicken kabobs in the air fryer?!
Okay, so technically they won’t be grilled but it will look and taste like it was! It’s perfect for days when it’s too cold/rainy to grill or if you’re like me and constantly running out of propane.
These are so delicious and the chicken stays so juicy because of the bacon. The marinade is made of all simple ingredients and you only need to marinate them for about 15 minutes.
It’s perfect for a weeknight meal!
Why You’re Going to Love Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Grilled chicken rain or shine!
- The air fryer is so much easier and faster than using the grill! The kabobs cook in about 12 minutes!
- So much flavor from such simple ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – you can also use chicken thighs if you prefer but make sure you trim all the fat off.
- Bacon – you can use pork or turkey bacon.
- Olive oil – this is going in the marinade. You can also use avocado oil or another neutral flavored oil.
- BBQ sauce – use whatever your favorite BBQ sauce is.
- Cayenne pepper – leave this out if you don’t want any heat in your marinade
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
How To Make Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Kabobs
- Prepare kabobs. Cut chicken into 1 ½ inch cubes and season with a bit of salt. Cut the skewers the length depending on the size of the air fryer basket. Wrap bacon around chicken pieces and thread onto skewers.
- Make marinade. Combine oil, BBQ sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and thyme. Brush the skewers with the BBQ marinade on all sides and set aside for 15 minutes. Save remaining marinade.
- Air fry. Preheat the air fryer to 350 F and grease the basket. Place skewers in the air fryer. It may take a couple batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Air fry for 6 minutes then flip brush the other side with a bit of marinade sauce and air fry for another 6 minutes.
- Serve. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
These air fryer chicken kabobs will be good for up to 3 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can freeze this bacon wrapped chicken for up to 3 months. Cool them completely and remove from the skewers. Make sure to use a freezer-safe airtight container.
Let defrost overnight in the refrigerator before you plan to serve it.
I recommend reheating these in the air fryer at 320F until warmed through.
You can thread the chicken and bacon on the skewers and add the marinade the night before you plan on cooking them. Just make sure to cover them tightly and keep them refrigerated.
More Chicken Recipes
- Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wrap
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Tortellini
- Black Pepper Chicken
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- 6 bacon slices, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cut chicken into 1 ½ inch cubes and season with a bit of salt.
- Cut the skewers the length depending on the size of the air fryer basket.
- Wrap bacon around chicken pieces and thread onto skewers.
- To make the marinade, combine oil, BBQ sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and thyme.
- Brush the skewers with the BBQ marinade on all sides and set aside for 15 minutes. Save remaining marinade.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 F | 175 C and grease the basket.
- Place skewers in the air fryer. It may take a couple batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry for 6 minutes then flip brush the other side with a bit of marinade sauce and air fry for another 6 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 589mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 28g