Easy 5 ingredient dinner! Chicken in a delicious, creamy gravy served on top of buttery crescent rolls. Chicken Gravy Crescent Rolls are going to be a family favorite!
If your family loves crescent rolls as much as mine, try Chicken Pot Pie Cups and Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls!
I have always said that my kids love anything with refrigerated crescent rolls or biscuits, a cream of something soup, and a meat. That’s the magic formula with my kids.
These chicken gravy crescent rolls are their idea of a perfect dinner. And I love it because it’s fast, easy, and cheap!
It’s a creamy, savory gravy with chunks of chicken all served over hot out of the oven crescent rolls. Of course it’s delicious!
Why You’re Going To Love This Recipe
- It’s really just 5 ingredients that you have to buy (assuming you have butter and salt and pepper on hand.) I love an inexpensive dinner!
- Your kids are going to love it! My kids love anything if it’s on a crescent roll and crescent roll chicken gravy was no exception.
- Dinner will be done in less than 30 minutes! Put a bag of frozen vegetables in the microwave while you make the gravy and dinner is done.
- Refrigerated crescent rolls – I used Pillsbury Original for this recipe but any brand or variety will be fine.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – youre going to cut these into bite-size chunks.
- Yellow onion
- Cream of chicken soup – this is going to create that delicious gravy.
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Chicken Gravy Crescents
- Bake crescent rolls. Preheat oven to the temperature specified on the crescent package. Roll up crescents on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake according to package instructions.
- Cook chicken. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add cubed chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through. Add onion and cook until translucent and softened, just a couple minutes.
- Make gravy. Turn heat to medium-low, add the soup, milk, salt, and pepper to the pan of chicken. Stir until well combined and gravy starts to thicken.
- Serve. Once the gravy is hot and bubbly, serve over the hot crescents.
The chicken gravy will be good for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The crescent rolls will be good for up to 5 days – store them separately at room temperature.
You can add more flavor to this dish by adding fresh garlic or garlic powder. You can also add Italian seasoning, thyme, or any herb you enjoy.
If you have canned biscuits on hand instead of crescents, serve the gravy over those! It will be just as delicious.
I think any green vegetable goes great with this. Peas, green beans, a simple side salad. You can even heat up some frozen mixed veggies!
More Chicken Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Tortellini
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken and Biscuits
- Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for even more!
Chicken Gravy and Crescent Rolls
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to the temperature specified on the crescent package. Roll up crescents on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake according to package instructions.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large skillet. Add cubed chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through (juices will run clear and internal temperature will be at least 165°F). Add onion and cook until translucent and softened, just a couple minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-low, add the soup, milk, salt, and pepper to the pan of chicken. Stir until well combined and gravy starts to thicken. If you’d like the gravy thinner or you’d like more of it, add some more milk or water.
- Once the gravy is hot and bubbly, serve over the hot crescents.
Leftover chicken gravy can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store the crescent rolls separately at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 8g
This looks absolutely delicious! It’s exactly the kind of thing I love to make for my family. Tasty and easy!
katerina @ diethood.com says
These chicken gravy crescent rolls are absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to try this!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes says
Oh my, this sounds incredible!! I am so excited to try it!
My family will love these crescent rolls. They will be our new favorite!
Love how easy this is! Perfect addition to any meal.
This recipe is so easy! I love it! My family enjoyed it too! Thanks!
Erin | Dinners, Dishes and Dessert says
Sounds incredibly delicious! My family would love this!
Amy Liu Dong says
Oh my goodness! This is a mouthwatering dish to make, and I am sure everyone will love it. Yummy!