Sloppy Joe Cups are an easy, 4 ingredient dinner the whole family will love! Crescent rolls filled with sloppy joe meat, topped with cheese, and baked until golden brown.
These Sloppy Joe Cups are one of my kids favorite dinner recipes! And I love it because it’s easy, cheap, and definitely delicious.
I’ve always said that my kids like any recipe that involves a refrigerated crescent roll. And this one is no exception. It’s really just a crescent roll pressed into a muffin cup, filled with an easy sloppy joe mixture, and topped with a little cheese.
That all gets baked until the crescent roll is crispy and you have dinner in less than 30 minutes!
- Ground beef – you can substitute ground turkey or chicken if you want to make these a little lighter.
- Sloppy joe sauce – the canned stuff! Use whatever brand you like.
- Crescent rolls – regular crescent rolls from the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
- American cheese – you can use whatever cheese you like but the processed American cheese melts really nicely on these.
How To Make Sloppy Joe Cups
- Prepare. Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 8 muffin cups and the area around the muffin cups with oil.
- Make sloppy joe mixture. Cook ground beef, breaking up the meat until no pink remains. Drain and return to pan. Add sloppy joe sauce and stir.
- Prepare crescent dough. Roll out the crescent roll dough and pinch all the seams together. Cut into 8 squares.
- Assemble. Place crescent dough into the prepared muffin cups.
- Fill. Fill crescent cups with ground beef mixture.
- Add cheese. Cut cheese slices into quarters. Place a quarter onto each muffin cup.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for 14 – 16 minutes, until crescent dough is golden brown and cheese is melted.
These sloppy joe cups are best when they are fresh but they will be good in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Keep in mind that the crescent rolls will get soggy the longer they sit in the fridge.
I don’t recommend trying to freeze these crescent cups. You can freeze the sloppy joe mixture itself for up to 3 months but I wouldn’t try to freeze the assembled cups.
More Ground Beef Recipes
Make sure you subscribe to my email list to get all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (25 ounce) can sloppy joe sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 2 slices American cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 8 muffin cups and the area around the muffin cups with oil.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, breaking up the meat until no pink remains. Drain and return to pan.
- Add sloppy joe sauce and stir. Remove from heat and let cool while you prepare the crescents.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough and pinch all the seams together. Cut into 8 squares.
- Place crescent dough into the prepared muffin cups.
- Fill crescent cups with ground beef mixture.
- Cut cheese slices into quarters. Place a quarter onto each muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 - 16 minutes, until crescent dough is golden brown and cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 399Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 351mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 35g